Wednesday 1 May 2013

three years xxx

Well three years ago today Chris and I got married in the tiny Le Monnaie chapel (founded by Chris' grandfather)
It seats about 35 people, so it was a very intimate and special service. Put it this way, my brother (who gave me away) and I had to walk down the aisle in single file!

But it is some of the details I wanted to share with you.
Especially my shoes!

I embroidered them with our names and a design that echoed the design of the invites, with the date on the sides and then on the back of the heel was the name of the church.  I had found a lovely lady on the main land who could make shoes up in any fabric you wanted, and she sent me the pattern so that I knew the design would fit.
Then a few weeks later a box arrived with these beauties inside, was/am so pleased with them.  The base silk is the same fabric as the sash of my vintage inspired Candy Anthony dress.
Actually I might wear them out to super tonight?!
I also commissioned a fifties style hat with bird cage veil
I think it really set off the whole 'vintage' feel
Here's to many more laughing years Chris!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment