Monday 16 January 2017

Quilt update

Two years ago I started this project
mainly to make some in-roads into my huge fabric stash.
And this time last year it was growing well
but still needed more!
Well I think I am so nearly there, just one more square
For some reason I cant explain, for a long time, I have kept all my old jeans and now have a large pile of well worn denim and I haven't really ever known what I am going to do with it. 
 I think I am going to use it to make a 10/15cm boarder round the whole quilt in the denim.  
It will frame the patchwork and make it a bit bigger too.  
If there is enough, I will cut it into stripes and used it to make the backing for bedspread.
So fingers crossed it will be finished this year, and I am loving it already.  
And am loving the fact it goes so well with the two pictures above the bed!

|Oh and my fabric stash doesnt seem to have shrunk much.......

No comments:

Post a Comment