Tuesday 16 July 2013

Cruising down the Thames

Sorry I have been quiet for a few weeks, its all been rather mad, I have been over in England catching up with my sister and old college friends and then back here we have had my step son staying for the week.  But life now feels like it is returning to normal, so I thought I would share abit of all that with you!

On the main land I had one day in London to do some shopping, lunch with my niece and then decided that I was going to be a total tourist.  I was heading down to Greenwich from the Embankment and the most relaxing way of doing it on a hot sticky day was by river bus.
It was brilliant, a fantastic way to see the city, half an hour of travelling in style for £4.50!
Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament
Not sure what the building covered in scaffolding is, possibly Westminster Cathedral?
The Golden Hind, Sir Frances Drakes ship. I do find it interesting how our view on humanity has changed, back then he was viewed as a humanitarian because he did not kill his prisoners only tortured them!
The very impressive Shard rising above HMS Belfast

Rather proud of this one, Tower Bridge, and a London red bus, Tower of London and the Gherkin!!!!

Looking back up the river, it is a beautiful bridge isn't it?

My destination, the newly restored Cutty Sark in Greenwich, and more about her later
Glad to be back and speak to you all again very, very, soon I promise xxx



2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun. I can go to "the Mainland" but I wouldn't end up in the same place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But just as interesting but younger city!!!!

    ReplyDelete