Sunday 28 October 2018

dreaming lampwork

Last year when I started making these fabric necklaces, 
it was because I had always loved lampwork beads 
so I was trying to do my version in fabric, but I still lusted over those beautiful glass beads.
So when Iris and Dora announced that a lampwork tutor was coming over 
 and was going to do courses, I was beyond excited!

Well it was last Saturday afternoon, and it lived up to everything I had hoped.
There were 6 of us, each with our own station and a very powerful gas flame, first we selected our colours from the rainbow for glass rods. Unsurprisingly I went for blues.......
The actual technique was pretty simple, but just like machine embroidery it is practice and control, control and practice, but I was hooked.  Our tutor was very patient and by the end of two and a half hours we had all produced about 12 beads, 
sadly my favorite one, that looked like a sputnik - all spiky, cracked.  
But all the others came off the rods easily. Really pleased.
Can wait to have ago at wrapping, winding and spodging molten glass again!
Loved it so much I actually drempt about it that night......

No comments:

Post a Comment