Tuesday 13 March 2018

Patchwork done! Quilting next.....

Wow, three years ago I started a big project, a super king patchwork quilt!
Well last week I stitched the last square, so that is the first part done.
To make the quilt wide enough (to hide all my rubbish under the bed!), I edged both sides with two rows of plain squares - rather than squares made up of three rectangles - quicker that way.
Second part is to now to attach the wading and the backing, But I think I will wait till the summer, as its a large beast and none of my rooms are big enough to spreed it out flat in.  
So I think the garden will be my best option
Really pleased how it has turned out, but now thinking plain curtains would be better......

4 comments:

  1. You did it! That is a big project and you can be ecstatic. How will you quilt it? Machine or by hand? Be sure to post another photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, at the moment I haven't given it much thought, just relieved to have finished it! Probably hand, as its the sort of thing I enjoy doing in front of the fire in the winter. Don't worry I will keep you posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought how lovely and colouful it looked with the rainbow curtains! Wondering whether to have a go at quilting - especially as Creasey’s has such fab fabric and in the sale.... (Vicky x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I will give the curtains a reprieve, well at least for a few months once the quilt is properly finished and in place.......it might work....!

      Delete