Sunday 11 February 2018

I wimped out of lace.....

Last Autumn I spotted this gorgeous yarn in Creaseys, it's lace weight and I have some friends who are very good lace knitters.  So I thought, I am sure I can do it, how hard can it be????
Well it turns out its very hard, especially when you are the sort of knitter who wants to 
knit in front of the fire and not really think about what you are doing....
So I gave up and went back to what I know, stocking stitch and a cowl.
Its deliciously fine and was very therapeutic to knit.  Then I spotted another colour, a glorious plummy pink that went beautifully with the bluey purple, and I couldn't resist.
The plan was to do it half and half.  
But once I started on the pink I quickly realized it would be ridiculously long, too long. 
So the pink has become a highlighting edge.
I am really pleased how it has turned out and have worn it lots so far, 
but I do have loads of the pink left...
...so soon I will have a pair of pink wrist warmers to go with it!

2 comments:

  1. It's good you tried the lace knitting otherwise you would always wonder. I had a hard time knitting socks on size #3(US). I gave my sock yarn and needles away. A few years later I tried again and have done fine since. However, my socks are quite plain, no cable or lacey designs. But I am able to use #1.5 needles now. Maybe when you try next time you'll do better. I like your cowl/hood. The edging of pink is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I would love to have the patience to knit socks, they look so lovely and toasty! But I struggle with the four needle thing, feel safer on a circular one. But one day, one day I will tackle socks head on!

      Delete