Saturday 21 April 2018

a wave of blue

We all seem to have been enjoying glorious weather the last few days, and for once this glorious weather coincided with afternoons off! 
So on Thursday afternoon, and decided to walk from town round the cliffs to check out how the bluebell wood was coming on and then on to Fermain and home.

It really was a stunning day and the wild flowers are all starting to come out, you could smell the warmth in the air.  I would say the bluebell wood was at two thirds of its blue capacity.
But still so very beautiful.  
I saw some of the invasive thugs Spanish bluebells on the cliffs, but so far they don't seem to have got into the wood, that is still very much the domain of the delicate and fragile British bluebell.





Oh dear done it again, co-ordinated myself with the bluebells.....

To all of you who are fans of The Durells, this scene always reminded me of the books and the early TV series, not really sure why, think its the evergreen oak hanging on for dear life!
Then round the corner to the beautiful Fermain, at very low tide, sea looking very tempting,
but when I did my April dip a week ago it was still only 9 degrees, so a while to wait before it becomes a pleasure again.

I sat in the sun on the cliffs reading my book 'The Ship Thieves'  (the true tale of James Porter, colonial pirate), when low and behold, look what sailed round St Martins Point! 
A real life Pirate Ship (sort off!).
Then finally the long slog up Fermain hill and a walk home, a good leg stretch, but those same legs are still aching today, which basically says I need to do more long walk ;-0


2 comments:

  1. You had a lovely walk. I enjoyed the photos so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a beautiful day, felt so lucky to have the time to enjoy it.

      Delete