Thursday 9 April 2015

Where do they go, what are they for, why.....

I was down at La Vallette Bathing Pools this morning having a lovely swim in the spring sunshine and as I headed back to town and work,
I passed these steps that were simply heading down to the rocks.

Now they are beautiful steps, made by crafts men, but they are just leading to the rocks, I don't think its an amazing fishing point as when its low tide you can walk from there to the Castle Emplacement.

So why?
But right next door to it is a very random and once again beautiful wall jutting out into the sea, there must be a connection and I am sure it has something to do with when the pools were built in the late 1800's, but what or why is your guess as much as mine!


 
Though it is a good seagull perch!

No comments:

Post a Comment