Wednesday 13 December 2017

my life is in sketchbooks

 Every few years I come to a big moment, a new sketchbook!  
This one above is now full and it was started in 2012. 
For me a sketch book is more of an ideas book. Its where I jot down ideas, make notes, stick in articles and photos that I like and of course some sketching!  Its a way I can look back at ideas and memories and maybe draw from them in the future.
 This is my sketch book before last, the cover was a piece of embroidery I had done when I had broken my ankle and was stuck on the sofa for a few weeks!
 But this was my first ornately covered sketch book,
 before my books, were covered but just in simple fabric or leather.
 A few page from my last sketch book
 showing sketching, image and ideas...
 ....some pages are better than others, but its about a record, a record of thoughts and inspirations.
This is my new sketch book and as you see I am definitely carrying on with embellished covers, which make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment