Tuesday 16 May 2017

loving our flag


I was having a tidy up at the gallery the other day and I realised just how much embroidery silks and bits of aida I have.  The aida are the off cuts from making up the cross stitch kits that we sell, but often when stitchers are down sizing, they very kindly give us the remains from their horde, and this is how most of the silks have come my way. 
I need to start using them!

Now I love our flag with the crosses of St George and William the Conqueror combined, but the colours (red, white and yellow) aren't soft.  And the silk colours that I have are, almost Autumnal. 
So I am stitching cross stitch hearts with the image of our flag
but each one in a different colour combination. 
The first one (above) flew out of the shop with in a day.  I took that as a good sign! 
So the second one (below) is nearly finished.


and I already have the colours sorted for the third.
They do take along time, but its the sort of thing I do while chatting to our visitors.
So no idea at all how regularly they will be appearing, so if you see one grab it!


No comments:

Post a Comment