Saturday 20 August 2016

linen periwinkles

Earlier on this summer, I spotted this top in Seasalt in the Arcade,

Absolutely adored the fabric, a soft linen covered in periwinkles,
a shell that you find all over our beaches.
Oh to be able to buy this fabric by the metre.......
and that style of tunic top just does not suit me (sad face)
This is a better shape for me,
so I waited and waited, and when it went down in the sale, I went for it!
Grabbed my scissors, moved the pockets, split the front
and faced the edges with what I cut off the bottom

Eh voila!  A lot more my style, very pleased with it.

Actually that is an understatement, I am over the moon with it!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Caro, you are so talented!! I used to sew years ago but have given it up as my efforts always looked a bit " homemade" and not in a good way!:) I love all things blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arlene you need to get your sewing machine out again! Or at least just changing buttons to give a jacket abit of zaza zoom😁

      Delete